I´ve decided that in addition to tell my story I want to share small moments from my everyday life. Despite a life with chronic pain and a low battery capacity – and now a strict control over where I spend the little energy I have – I´ve found my own way of having a good everyday life. A lot of my good days I spend in the kitchen making healthy everyday food and baking. It gives me energy and lots of pleasure to make something good for the kids family and friends. And not at least I find it delicious to eat home cooked healthy food.
Yesterday I made delicious Breakfast/ Lunchbars. They are nice to keep around for an easy breakfast or a snack after school, gym, work etc. They are very easy to make and lovely to give away as a gift to friends. In importantly they are gluten free.
BREAKFAST / LUNCHBARS;
1 can og condensed milk (397 gr)
250 gr rolled oats
75 gr shredded coconut
100 gr dried fruits (cranberries, dades, figs, raisins)
125 gr mixed seeds ( pumkin, sunflower, sesame, lin…)
125 gr peanuts (salted/unsalted, almonds or other nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees celcius
- Add greaseproof paper to a ovenproof baking tin ca 23 cm x 33 cm
- Warm the condensed milk in a pan
- Mix together all the other ingredients and add the warm condensed milk. Fold and distribute by using a wooden or rubber spatula.
- Spread the mixture into the tin using the spatula to even it out.
- Bake for 1 hour
- After 5 minutes cut up in pieces.
- When the bars are cold put them in airtight containers.
- They last for weeks, but will be gone long before.